Ideas to inspire people to take action
For a simple and quick way to get your case study onto our website, please use our Case Study Submission Form: click here and take a look. We have designed the form so it is easy to complete. It allows other Friends groups to read and learn from your story. We hope they will be inspired by what your group has done and learn some useful tips to enable best practice.
Many thanks to all the groups who have submitted their case studies to us so far, they showcase the kinds of things local park users can achieve. We hope they inspire others to take action too!
Key themes showcased in these Case Studies are:
- Safe volunteering as lockdown begins to lift
- How can Friends groups stay effective in a pandemic? We share some fantastic examples from around the UK
- Consulting with the community and developing a master plan – Latchmere Rec, Kingston upon Thames
- Restoring and managing a historic ‘People’s Park’ – Warley Woods Community Trust, Sandwell, West Midlands
- Creating a network of community orchards and forest gardens – Fruit and Nut Village, Stirchley, Birmingham
- Protecting a historic reservoir – Friends of Edgbaston Reservoir, Birmingham
- Engaging the generations – Friends of Hednesford Park, Cannock, West Midlands
- Restoration of 13th Century mill – Friends of Broadwaters, Wyre Forest, Worcestershire
- From an anti-social to a social space – Friends of East Rugby Group, Rugby
- Bringing together community groups to work with other stakeholders – Greenhavens Network, Sussex